Continental Hydrotal Downhill 29 x 2.4" SuperSoft Folding Tire
- Available at 03.05.2023
saved 26 %
incl. 19% VAT, plus €3.99 shipping costs
Features - Continental Hydrotal Downhill 29 x 2,4" SuperSoft Folding Tire
- High mechanical grip due to easy penetration of the lugs into the ground by tapered and supported tread elements to achieve high lug-soil interaction
- Open tread pattern for perfect tread interaction on loose surfaces for excellent tread-soil interaction and self-cleaning
- Support structure and linearly arranged shoulder studs for high stability during aggressive and tight turns on loose and muddy surfaces
- SuperSoft is the softest compound with the highest grip in the Continental MTB Gravity range, ideal for riders who rely 100% on grip, traction and control
- Exceptional tire wall design with a unique look
- Label design with clear and intuitive symbolism
- Cross woven nettle tape protects the tire and rim area
- Foldable aramid core
- The most robust carcass in the Gravity line-up
- Specialist for trail rides on loose and muddy surfaces
- Suitable for tubeless rebuild with optimized foot area for a reliable seal
- Range of use: DH, Freeride, Super Enduro, Heavy Enduro
- Reference recommendation: Fullys 170-200mm travel
- Tire compound: SuperSoft
- ETRTO: 60-622
- Dimension: 29 x 2.4
- Technology: Apex
- Construction: Foldable
- Tubless ready: Yes
- E-Bike ready: Yes
- TPI: 660 (6x110)
- Bar / PSI: 3.5 / 51
- 1290g (manufacturer information)
Scope of delivery
- 1 x Continental Hydrotal Downhill 29 x 2,4" SuperSoft Folding Tire
6 layers of carcass material under the tread provide high resistance and puncture protection. Of which 4 layers of carcass material for suppleness and adaptability.
Used successfully for years in passenger car tires, the Apex stabilizes the tire in curves. A technology that also makes sense for large-volume bicycle tires. The Apex is a rubber tread that is placed between the carcass plies at the base of the tire. It stiffens the tire's sidewalls, minimizing the tire's torsion under high lateral loads. In addition, the stiffened sidewalls reduce the risk of puncture damage and prevent the tire from slipping off the rim. These features predestine the Apex for our downhill and freeride tires: The operating pressure can be further reduced in favor of the grip, without having to accept a spongy cornering behavior or an increased risk of puncture.
The crucial balance. The rolling properties of the rubber compound of a tyre are primarily determined by three interacting factors – stiction [grip], rolling resistance and mileage [longevity] . The dilemma: If you improve any of these factors it can have a detrimental effect on at least one of the others. A tyre with maximum grip wears quicker and rolls more slowly. If you then make a tyre roll faster and more durable, grip, in turn, is reduced.
With the BlackChili Compound, a tread compound which is always based on the latest knowledge of polymers and raw material research, Continental has supplied the cycling industry with an enduring solution. Depending on the application of a tyre, Continental adjust the compound formulation for the specific discipline – for road or mountain biking, time trialling or downhill racing.
How does that work? For BlackChili, Continental refine special synthetic rubbers with proven natural rubber to high-performance tread mixtures. To these mixtures Continental then add soot particles, which in turn are optimised in shape and surface properties. The complex compound technology is so sensitive that tyres with BlackChili Compound are produced exclusively in the German Korbach plant.
Continental's carcass construction is particularly resistant and insensitive to damage and the penetration of foreign bodies. The result: Your tires are versatile, have a low weight and an attractive design. In addition, the tires with this technology can also be used tubeless or in combination with an inner tube.
Tires with Continental ECO technology benefit from over 100 years of experience in the development of moped and motorcycle tires. Optimized and recommended for e-bikes up to 25 km/h, they guarantee low rolling resistance and good puncture protection thanks to a particularly high-quality construction. Durability has been tested specifically for e-bikes to counteract premature wear due to the additional drive force.