Continental Grand Prix 5000 AS TR Allseason Folding Tyre
saved 43 %
incl. 19% VAT, plus €4.49 shipping costs
- In stock, delivery time 1-4 days
- Available again from the above date
Features - Continental Grand Prix 5000 AS TR Allseason 28"
- Improved wet grip: thanks to its special compound, the Grand Prix 5000 AllSeason TR offers excellent grip and a safe riding experience even in wet and rainy conditions.
- Improved sidewall protection: Thanks to the reinforced sidewall protection, the tire is particularly resistant to external influences and offers additional protection for your rims.
- Increased mileage: The Grand Prix 5000 AllSeason TR is extremely durable and offers high mileage. So you can cover even longer distances and are also well equipped for long tours.
- Black reflective stripes for higher visibility: The black reflective stripes make the tire more visible even in low light conditions and thus increase your safety in road traffic.
- Tubeless technology: With tubeless technology, you can ride the tire without an inner tube and benefit from lower rolling resistance and greater puncture resistance.
- Black Chili Compound: Continental's unique tread compound ensures optimum grip and low rolling resistance. The latest polymers and carbon black particles guarantee outstanding performance in all situations.
- Vectran Breaker: The Vectran Breaker protects against cuts and is lighter and more flexible than comparable nylon breakers. The rolling resistance is not negatively affected.
- Active Comfort Technology: Active Comfort Technology absorbs shock and provides a superior ride.
- LazerGrip: The lasered micro-profile structure provides increased cornering grip and lets you become one with the road.
- Application: Road / gravel bike / endurance
- Type: Folding tyre / tubeless
- Compound: Black Chili
- Tubeless Ready: Yes
- 5.0-7.5 bar (25-622)
- 5,0-6,5 Bar (28-622)
- 3,5-5,0 Bar (32-622)
- 2,5-4,5 Bar (35-622)
- TPI: 2/220
Size (choose variant)
- 25 - 622 / 700 x 25c
- 28 - 622 / 700 x 28c
- 32 - 622 / 700 x 32c
- 35 - 622 / 700 x 35c
Weight (manufacturer information)
- 25 - 622 / 700 x 25c: 300 g
- 28 - 622 / 700 x 28c: 335 g
- 32 - 622 / 700 x 32c: 385 g
- 35 - 622 / 700 x 35c: 425 g
Scope of delivery
- 1 x Continental Grand Prix 5000 AS TR Allseason 28" folding tyre
TechnologiesBlack Chili Compound
The rolling properties of the rubber compound of a tire are primarily determined by three interacting factors – stiction [grip], rolling resistance and mileage [longevity] . The dilemma: If you improve any of these factors it can have a detrimental effect on at least one of the others. A tire with maximum grip wears quicker and rolls more slowly. If you then make a tire roll faster and more durable, grip, in turn, is reduced. With our Black Chili compound, a tread compound which is always based on the latest knowledge of polymers and raw material research, we have supplied the cycling industry with an enduring solution. Depending on the application of a tire, we adjust the compound formulation for the specific discipline – for road or mountain biking, time trialling or downhill racing. How does that work? For Black Chili we refine special synthetic rubbers with proven natural rubber to high-performance tread mixtures. To these mixtures we then add soot particles, which in turn are optimised in shape and surface properties.
Vectran is spun from the liquid crystal polymer Vectra. This creates a thermoplastic, multi-fiber yarn. By comparison, this semi-crystalline fabric is more cut-resistant than aramid and has five times the tensile strength of steel. A Vectran breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than comparable nylon breakers. Rolling resistance is not negatively affected.
Lazer-Grip lets you become one with the road. The lasered micro-tread structure concentrates on the shoulder area of the tire and thus offers you increased cornering grip.
The revolutionary approach to road cycling. Integrated into the tire construction, the Active Comfort Technology absorbs shocks and provides a superior driving experience.
These tires are absolutely great! They preform exactly like the 5000 TL. Continental put back that extra layer of protection,that was missing on the 5000 STR. I find the STR's to be terrible,but they've made up for it with AS!