saved 32 %
incl. 19% VAT, plus €3.99 shipping costs
- In stock, delivery time 1-3 days
- Available again from the above date
The innovative saddle design of the SR Allroad Core offers a completely new riding experience: road shock and vibrations are fully damped, numbness in the perineal area is alleviated, and seat pressure is significantly reduced – allowing you to be fully in sync with your bike, whatever your chosen path.
Features - Ergon SR Allroad Core Comp Men
- The ergonomic saddle core - The Ergon Core HD construction (with its innovative BASF Infinergy® material) absorbs road shocks and significantly reduces seat pressure. The ergonomic core between the saddle shell and seat foam provides a sporty and firm, yet still comfortable, road bike feel.
- A smooth ride - BASF’s Infinergy® material also sets new standards in shock and vibration damping on road bikes. Once pressure on the saddle subsides, the Ergon Core HD, which consists of thousands of foam particles, returns to its original shape in a flash – even under continuous load! Leading manufacturers of running shoes also use this E-TPU foam worldwide with great success.
- Innovative Ergonomic Core for mixed terrain - This unique saddle construction for road bikes offers a completely new riding sensation: one that’s sensationally comfortable yet sporty even off the road.
- Absorbs shocks and vibrations - The ergonomic core effectively filters out vibrations and bumps in the ground even while riding on the entire seat surface.
- Comfortable and durable - The padding of the SR Allroad Core Men is made of orthopedic AirCell foam. It is especially ergonomic for road cycling but remains extremely durable. The pressure of the bony structures is distributed much better by increasing the rebound force which aids in dissipating vibrations.
- Use: Allroad/Gravel/Cyclocross, Road
- Shell: Nylon Composite
- Rail: CroMo
- Core: BASF Infinergy® (E-TPU / Closed Cell Particle Foam)
- Cover: Microfiber
- Padding: Orthopedic AirCell Foam
- Side flanks: Yes
- Gender: men specific
Size (choose variant)
- Small/Medium: Sit bone distance 9-12 cm (length: 262 mm, width: 129 mm)
- Medium/Large: Sit bone distance 12-16 cm (length: 262 mm, width: 152 mm)
- 1 Ergon Ergon SR Allroad Core Comp Men Saddle
Minimizing saddle discomfort
When cycling, most of your body weight rests on the small saddle surface. If the weight is not shifted evenly to the bony structures, unnecessary pressures are then distributed to sensitive soft tissue areas. A relief channel helps, but is not the only important factor.
For an ergonomic distribution of pressure, the correlations between the sit bone distance and sitting angle must be taken into account. An ergonomic bicycle saddle should have sufficient contact surface, but still allow the thighs to move freely. Furthermore, cycling is not static. Uphill, the rider intuitively slides towards the saddle nose to shift the body’s center of gravity forwards. The opposite occurs when cycling downhill.
Ergon takes these factors into account when developing all of their saddles. There are specific models for specific disciplines, and accommodate for both recreational and professional riders. Two widths are available in every saddle model to further reach every rider’s comfort needs.
The Ergon development team carried out intensive research on the topic of men’s health. They found that the main cause of complaints when cycling is the saddle. Often times, men experience too much pressure on their perineal area leading to pain, discomfort, numbness and potentially more severe health problems down the road. The SR Allroad Core Men relieves this pressure with a very specific relief channel as well as better surface area distribution under the bony structures. Through MRI, CT analysis, many prototypes and test riders, we have also ergonomically tailored our road bike saddles precisely to men’s anatomy and needs.
More freedom of movement
Compared to women, the male pelvis tends to be less flexible. This means that men sit more upright on the saddle and put more of their weight distribution on their sit bones. Therefore the transition area between the rear of the saddle and the saddle nose can be kept narrow (Y-shape). This gives the legs more space to pedal.
Male and Female pelvic differences
In contrast to the female anatomy, the male sit bones are more narrow and where the two sides of the pelvis come together in the front is much higher. This results in more pressure being distributed on the male’s sit bones vs. a broader area of sit bones and pubic bones in women. We have taken this significant difference between male and female anatomy into consideration during saddle development.
The right size
The shape and size of the saddle must match the sit bone width of the rider to maximize comfort and enjoyment. The pelvic bone has a unique V-shaped and the saddle must offer the sit bones a large contact surface with the ability to meet the demand of different sitting positions. Various saddle widths are offered so that the usable seat surface corresponds to the riders unique sit bone distance. The more forward and aggressive the rider sits, the further forward the sit bones contact the saddle.
für einen „Rennsattel“ extrem komfortabel, trotz sportlicher Ausrichtung, an der ersten Sekunde. Der geht auch ohne gepolsterte Radhose, zumindest auf kürzeren Strecken, bisher. Nutze den Sattel auf einem Fitness-Speed Bike auch für die Stadt. Boardsteine, Waldwege, Schotter…alles kein Thema und Ruhe im Männerbereich. Mal sehen wie er sich auf Dauer schlägt, aber bisher muß ich gestehen, sowas angenehmes hatte ich als Rennsattel noch nie unter dem Hintern. Top!
nach erster Runde 60km und knapp 2h, keine Beschwerden im Becken/Genitalbereich gehabt. Absolut 5 Sterne und mehr, hoffentlich bleibt die Qualität lange stabil erhalten. Jedoch ist der Sattel in Verbindung mit der Sattelstütze CF15 von Canyon (ist ja auch eine von ERGON) und mit SQLab 216 Schuhsohlen getestet worden. Beste Kombination für mich persönlich, absolut keine Beschwerden auf der ersten Ausfahrt und Nichts eingeschlafen, außer die Zehen im linken Fuß so nach ca. 50km