Continental Argotal Trail Endurance 27.5" Folding Tire
saved 33 %
incl. 19% VAT, plus €4.49 shipping costs
- In stock, delivery time 1-4 days
Features - Continental Argotal Trail 27.5" Endurance Folding Tire
- Indented, linearly arranged shoulder lugs with support structure for high stability, even when aggressively driving tight, fast turns
- High mechanical grip especially on loose surfaces
- Open tread design offers perfect interaction on loose surfaces, as well as good self-cleaning in damp and wet conditions
- Pronounced center lugs are provided with steep bevels to achieve mechanical grip through the interaction between tread and surface
- Endurance compound offers high durability in combination with good rolling resistance and grip
- Endurance compound is suitable for trail bikes or due to the low wear also for e-bikes
- Exceptional tire wall design with a unique look
- Label design with clear and intuitive symbolism
- Cross weave prevents cuts and slashing on the sidewalls of the tire
- Foldable aramid core
- The robust single-layer carcass with puncture protection insert
- Specialist for loose substrate
- Suitable for tubeless rebuild with optimized foot area for a reliable seal
- Range of use: Tour and Trail Bikes
- Reference recommendation: Fullys 140-160mm travel
- Tire compound: Soft
- Technology: ProTection-Apex
- Construction: Foldable
- Tubless ready: Yes
- E-Bike ready: Yes
- TPI: 180 (3x60)
- Bar / PSI: 3.5 / 51
Dimensons / ETRTO (choose variant)
- 27.5 x 2.4" / 584 x 60 mm
- 27.5 x 2.6" / 584 x 65 mm
Weight (manufacturer information)
- 1000g: 27.5 x 2.4" / 584 x 60 mm
- 1100g: 27.5 x 2.6" / 584 x 65 mm
Scope of delivery
- 1 x Continental Argotal Trail 27.5" Endurance Folding Tire
Trail - carcass
Three layers of carcass material under the tread provide high resistance and puncture protection. Of which 2 layers of carcass material for suppleness and adaptability.
ProTection technology gives tires the perfect blend of smooth running, grip and puncture protection. This is made possible by an additional puncture protection layer running all around, which makes the entire tire particularly resistant and insensitive to injury. Despite additional layer, the tire has a very good damping property and irons cleanly over the toughest trails. BlackChili provides the necessary smooth running and grip. Another feature of the ProTection technology from Germany is the Tubeless Ready suitability. The revolutionary Tubeless Ready foot allows easy and uncomplicated mounting of the tire. For optimal results in sealing and in use, Continental recommends the use of the new Continental RevoSealant sealant.
The rolling properties of the rubber compound of a tire are primarily determined by three interacting factors – stiction [grip], rolling resistance and mileage [longevity] . The dilemma: If you improve any of these factors it can have a detrimental effect on at least one of the others. A tire with maximum grip wears quicker and rolls more slowly. If you then make a tire roll faster and more durable, grip, in turn, is reduced. With our Black Chili compound, a tread compound which is always based on the latest knowledge of polymers and raw material research, we have supplied the cycling industry with an enduring solution. Depending on the application of a tire, we adjust the compound formulation for the specific discipline – for road or mountain biking, time trialling or downhill racing. How does that work? For Black Chili we refine special synthetic rubbers with proven natural rubber to high-performance tread mixtures. To these mixtures we then add soot particles, which in turn are optimised in shape and surface properties.
Continental's carcass construction is particularly resistant and insensitive to damage and the penetration of foreign bodies. The result: Your tires are versatile, have a low weight and an attractive design. In addition, the tires with this technology can also be used tubeless or in combination with an inner tube.
Tires with Continental ECO technology benefit from over 100 years of experience in the development of moped and motorcycle tires. Optimized and recommended for e-bikes up to 25 km/h, they guarantee low rolling resistance and good puncture protection thanks to a particularly high-quality construction. Durability has been tested specifically for e-bikes to counteract premature wear due to the additional drive force.