saved 50 %
incl. 19% VAT, plus €4.49 shipping costs
- In stock, delivery time 1-3 days
Safety is provided by the HI-EPS inner shell, whose air chambers absorb the forces acting on an impact, and the production in the in-mold process, which makes the helmet particularly light and stable. The removable shield protects your eyes not only from the sun, but also from splashing dirt. With the Run System you can adjust your helmet to your head size, so that comfort is not neglected.
Features - Thunder 3.0
- Antibacterial equipment
- Airflow Venting: directs cooling air along the head
- Fly Net: the front vents of the helmet are covered with a mesh fabric
- Ceramic Shell: break and scratch resistant, UV stable and antistatic
- Custom Fit: the optimal fit can be adjusted by a wheel at the back of the head
- Edge Protect: increases the durability of the helmet by covering the edges
- Ergomatic: closure that can be operated with one hand and remains firmly closed in the event of a fall
- Hi-EPS: small air chambers absorb forces in the event of an impact to protect the head
- Inmold: the thermal connection between the upper and lower shells makes the helmet light and strong
- Run System Ergo PRO: the top model has two large "headrests" to the left and right of the central, newly designed rotating wheel
- Shield Protect: the removable shield protects against both splashing dirt and direct sunlight
- Y-Clip: guarantees precise adjustment of the seat position and thus the best possible protection
AIR FLOW VENTING
Alpina developers spend a lot of time and energy on constantly improving the ventilation of our cycling helmets. By wind tunnel tested arrangement of the vents, our engineers create a "Venturi" effect inside the helmet, which cools the head, leads to less sweat and higher performance.
The front vents of the helmet are covered with a mesh fabric. This performs the same function as an insect screen, preventing insect bites on the scalp during hot and humid riding periods and locations.
All Inmold-manufactured helmets from Alpina, receive this shatter and scratch resistant polycarbonate shell. The blank is stretched under high heat to the shape of the later helmet and pressed with high pressure on its Hi-EPS body. The material is characterized by several qualities at the same time: It is break- and scratch-resistant, UV-stable as well as antistatic.
Different head shapes require a flexible fitting system. In combination with the Run System, Custom Fit ensures a non-slip fit. The neckband at the back of the head can be tilted in several stages and grips the head gently without pressure points.
Edge Protect is a processing method that ensures Inmold helmets have no sharp edges. This reduces the risk of injury in two ways: on the one hand, it protects the hands when handling the helmet, and on the other hand, in the event of an impact, the neck and shoulder area remain protected from scratches when in contact with the lower edge of the helmet.
Proven hundreds of thousands of times and used in all Alpina bicycle helmets: the well-known belt buckle with red push button and multi-stage automatic detent. Ergomatic can be operated with one hand - you can loosen the strap uphill, tighten it downhill - and cannot open itself in the event of a fall.
The inner shell of every Alpina helmet is made of Hi-EPS ("High Expanded Polystyrene"). It consists of microscopic air chambers, which optimally absorb the forces acting during an impact. Despite optimum protection, HI-EPS ensures extra-thin wall thicknesses and narrow helmet shapes.
In the Inmold production process, the helmet upper shell made of polycarbonate is "baked" together with the EPS granulate of the helmet body under high heat and strong pressure. This creates an extensive and inseparable bond between the upper and lower shells. Advantage: The helmet is very light and at the same time extremely stable.
RUN SYSTEM ERGO PRO
The top model of the new Alpina fitting systems for the back of the head has two large "headrests" to the left and right of the central, newly designed rotating wheel. Both these two wing-shaped pads and the adjustment wheel itself are made of a two-component mix consisting of plastic and rubber. Since 2014, the Run System Ergo Pro has been available in colors to match the helmet.
The removable shield protects against both splashing dirt and direct sunlight.
A helmet can only protect as well as it remains in the optimum position on impact. The fixation of the two straps under the ear plays a crucial role here. Alpina's "Y-Clip" system guarantees a millimeter-precise adjustment - in seconds.