Features - SH-XC502
- Lightweight SHIMANO ULTREAD XC rubber outsole provides durable, excellent grip
- Mesh/TPU and synthetic leather upper in an optimal split for a comfortable fit and low weight
- BOA® L6 twist closure at the instep for quick and comfortable fixation of different foot shapes
- Glass fibre reinforced midsole for good power transmission
- Wrap-around, low overlap upper provides a snug fit
- Rider-adjustable cleats that can be selected and replaced to match riding style and conditions
- Flat midsole that stabilizes the foot for maximum power transfer and efficiency
- Stiffness index: 7
- Weight: approx. 300 g per shoe
- Pedal recommendation: PD-M8100
The SPD concept offers greater efficiency, stability and comfort even in the most difficult conditions. And not only on the bike: The recessed cleats allow for comfortable walking.More information about the SPD system can be found here!
The toe spring area of a cycling shoe plays an essential role in supporting pedaling efficiency. If it is too high, it can cause more tension in the plantar, calf and posterior thigh muscles. If it is too low, it results in a flexed, inefficient pedaling motion. Extensive research by R&D experts at Shimano has resulted in a superior shoe last design with an optimized toe spring area that promotes a smoother, more energy-efficient upward motion. Shimano Dynalast was developed based on feedback from pro riders and helps reduce energy loss on long rides. This leaves you with more power for the final sprint across the finish line.
Limit energy loss with more pedaling efficiency: Between crank angles of 200° and 360°, there is a loss of power or energy in the backward phase of a pedal stroke. Shoes that use Shimano Dynalast help reduce this energy loss by supporting a smoother, more efficient pedaling motion. If you want to reduce fatigue, get the most out of your legs, or simply perform a bit better, you should ride with Shimano Dynalast.
Video Shimano Dynalast / MTB