Winter running shoe with GORE-TEX® technology: the Jackal GTX by La Sportiva
Gore-Tex® membrane with Invisible Fit technology guarantees maximum flexibility, waterproofness and breathability. Comfortable, wide fit for use in ultramarathons, wrap-around stretchy tongue for maximum freedom of movement, internal gusset construction for protection from rocks and mud. The lacing system has loops built directly into the side panels of the upper: a solution that facilitates volume adjustment for long-distance runs where the foot tends to swell. The net mesh on the sides favours ventilation and climate comfort.
At the heart of the Jackal is the innovative EVA sole/midsole package with internal cushioning in polyurethane Infinitoo™ Technology with high energy return. The front element increases cushioning, while the rear insert helps stabilize the run. The midsole also includes a high-density EVA Rock Shield insert for a more stable ride and stone protection effect. The tread uses the Frixion Red Impact Brake System with differentiated lugs. The impact-resistant TPU toe cap and FriXion Red dual-component sole provide maximum grip and durability. A concentration of technologies inspired by those who are looking to push their own limits and find themselves, even in the winter months.
Features - Jackal GTX
- Wide, comfortable fit for use in ultramarathons
- Elastic Comfort Fit tongue, soft and snug for maximum freedom of movement, with internal gusset construction to protect from rocks and mud
- Lacing system with loops incorporated directly into the upper side channels: facilitates volume adjustment for long distance runs where the foot tends to swell
- Side mesh for maximum ventilation and climate comfort
- Innovative EVA sole/midsole package with internal cushioning pads in polyurethane with high energy return Infinitoo™ Technology. Front insert increases cushioning, rear insert helps stabilize during running.
- Compressed EVA midsole with integrated Rock-Shield for a stable running experience and Rock-Guard effect
- FriXion® Red compound outsole with lugs of differentiated thicknesses and Impact-Brake system and FLEX-grooves along the fold line
- Protective, shock-absorbing and abrasion-resistant TPU toe cap
Optimal fit, comfortable feel. Guaranteed waterproof. Get the most out of every single mile. Whether you go jogging every now and then, train for a marathon or just like to wear sports shoes, La Sportiva makes sure that the weather can't harm you. GORE-TEX Invisible Fit footwear gives you the fit, feel and style you want, while delivering on the GORE-TEX GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY® promise, especially in sneakers with knit uppers.
ULTRA LONG DISTANCE
Products for long distances, ultra-trail competitions, ultra-marathons and intensive training sessions. Situations where protective and highly cushioning footwear is needed.
Versatile sole for use on any type of ground: stone, scree, grass, moss, mud. Optimal when walking in very wet conditions on bare ground.
La Sportiva FriXion® RED
Ideal combination between grip, durability and cushioning. Used in versatile soles with dual compound.
The models of the Mountain Running collection use exclusive La Sportiva by Ortholite insoles, which are available in 2 different diameters. The models are adapted to the male and female foot and are made with different materials in relation to the average weight of the user.
Impact Brake System
Designed and developed in La Sportiva's Research and Development Centre, it offers real advantages during running: the negative effect caused by impact with the ground is minimised. Thanks to the special arrangement of the studs, some come into contact with the ground beforehand, thus softening the impact of the shoe profile.
Technology developed exclusively by La Sportiva, which allows perfect shock absorption and guarantees maximum energy return while running. The soft polyurethane that makes up the Infinitoo™ structure ensures long-term unchanged high damping performance.