Shimano 2x11-speed ST-RS505+BR-RS505 STI+Hydraulic Disc Brake SetShimano dual control lever road ST-RS505 with BR-RS505 caliper for hydraulic disc brake. Reliable, consistent, well-metered and controllable braking performance even with light carbon rims.
SHIMANO is well known for their high quality hydraulic disc brakes in mountain biking. After intensive testing SHIMANO launched today a future direction in road braking: hydraulic disc brakes for on road usage. The BR-RS505 hydraulic disc brakes maintain high consistent braking performance regardless the weather conditions through innovative heat management and brake power that can be tuned to riding conditions, terrain, riders’ size and abilities. The hydraulic disc brake kit contains completely redesigned dual control levers, road hydraulic disc brakes, a new 140mm disc rotor and dedicated hubs and wheels.
SHIMANO’s hydraulic disc brakes have three advantages
- Maintain braking performance on long descents through effective heat management
- Have consistent braking performance in all weather conditions
- Customizable braking performance for different riding conditions, terrain, riders’ size and ability
Despite the integration of a mineral oil reservoir in the lever SHIMANO’s engineers were able to develop a compact dual control lever (ST-RS505) to create a comfortable and natural hand position for all day riding comfort. When descending with rim brakes riders use much power and energy to stop for a turn or even a hairpin. Hydraulic disc brakes have more stopping power and allow riders to brake more efficiently with less energy.
Suitable Rotor with Ice-Tech Technology
There are two FREEZA SM-RT99 rotor size options for customizable braking performance. 140mm as a standard and 160mm as an option for people who require more brake power. SHIMANO incorporated aluminum fins in the rotor for enhanced heat control. With an increased surface area for heat dispersion, the rotor achieves an additional 50 degrees reduction in heat. The effect of SHIMANO’s heat management is that the hydraulic disc brakes have no weight restrictions (in normal road usage).
- Use: Road/Cyclocross
- Series: Non-Series
- Model: ST-RS505
- Typ: Dual-Control
- Material lever: Aluminum
- Gearring front: 2-speedl
- Gearing rear: 11-speed
- Gear Display: no
- Handlebar diameter: 23.8mm/24.2mm
- Disc Brake Caliper: BR-RS505
- Dual Control Lever + Caliper: 900g (pair)
Scope of delivery
- 2 x Dual Control Lever ST-RS505 (left/right)
- 2 x Disc Brake Caliper BR-RS505
- 1 x Flat-Mount adapter front (140mm/160mm)
- 2 x Disc Brake Pads L02A Resin with Fin
- 2 x Brake Hose SM-BH59 1000mm / 1700mm
- 2 x Mineraloil SM-DB-Oil 50ml
- Tube Joint mounting material
- 2 x Gear wire 1800mm / 2100mm
- Gear cable OT-SP41 2 x 600mm / 1 x 300mm
Rotors and adapters not included!
Questo articolo non è stato ancora valutato.
Altri articoli in questa categoria
Mostra più articoli in questa categoria
Questo articolo non è più disponibile
Cod. art.: 20039882