Newmen Evolution SL A.30 27.5" RearwheelThe 30 mm inner rim width from the Newmen Evolution SL A.30 is a perfect balance of width and weight. Wider rims can be run with lower tyre pressures to make your all mountain adventure safer, more comfortable and more fun.
Pure all mountain fun: the SL.A 30 Evolution from NewmenThe completely rounded external rim profile is extremely lightweight and hard-wearing against deformation, whilst the flared flanges make it particularly dent-resistant compared with ordinary rims and keep the tyre rounder for more cornering grip. Combined with the brand-new NEWMEN straight-pull hubs and 28 Sapim D-light spokes per wheel, the result is a wheelset that will cope with anything you and your all-mountain bike can throw at it. Revised version with improved user-friendliness - no adjustment of the hubs is necessary anymore.
Features - SL A.30 Evolution 27.5" Rearwheel
- Highend all-mountain aluminium wheelset for riders who want the benefits of wide rims
- 30mm inner width allow for low pressures and due to the high dent resistance it is even suitable for enduro riders in search of a very light wheelset
- Revised version with increased user-friendliness - hub play adjustment no longer required
- All the hubs and wheels are handbuilt in Germany
- Use: All Mountain, Enduro, Trail
- Size: 27.5"
- Tubeless Ready: yes
- Diameter: 584mm
- Rim width inner: 30mm
- Hub: Straightpull
- Axle standard: 12x142mm
- Drilling: 28
- Disc standard: 6 Hole
- Spokes: Sapim D-Light (2.0/1.65/2.0)
- Lacing: 3-cross
- Max. System weight: 125kg (body weight + bike + equipment)
Compatibility (choose variant)
- Sram XD Freehub
- Shimano Freehub
- Hub: Aluminium 7075
- Rim: Aluminium
Weight (Manufacturer information)
- Sram XD: 886g
- Shimano: 891g
Scope of delivery
- 1 x SL A.30 Evolution 27.5" Rearwheel
One of the weak points on rims - whether aluminium or carbon - are the nipples holes in the rim. If you look at the contact surface of the nipple on the rim, it is easy to understand that these holes are a weak point. At this small supporting surface, all forces are pulled over spoke and nipple (maximum value approx. 300 kg). It is easy to imagine what will happen sooner or later: the rim will crack at precisely these points. Looking at the different solutions of the different rim and wheel manufacturers, however, one quickly realizes that there are many different approaches to solve this problem. This "problem area" didn't let us rest on our laurels either, because all existing solutions couldn't completely convince us.
The rim profile
We had to dig deep into the box of tricks to get our rims so light and yet so stable...... but we are sure that it was worth it!
In sum, that means....
- optimised rim profile without edges and corners
- flared rim flanges with optimized flange height and wall thickness
- Rim flange with above-average wall thickness
- Inner profile matched to our MG washer
- high-strength aluminium alloy with special heat treatment
Questo articolo non è stato ancora valutato.
Altri articoli in questa categoria
Mostra più articoli in questa categoria