économisé 36 %
incluse 19% TVA, plus 0,00 € de frais d'expédition
- En stock, délai de livraison 1-4 jours
Extremely robust MTB winter boot for extreme cold: the Wolfgar SPD by 45NRTH
When it comes to cycling in cold winter conditions, a reliable and warming boot is especially important. Based in Minnesota, the experts at 45NRTH are faced with extreme winter climates, allowing them to incorporate their needs and real-world experience into the development of their products.
Among these products is the Wolfgar SPD, a winter MTB boot made for extreme weather. This high-cut model is SPD compatible and features an insulated outer boot with 400g Primaloft® and lightweight PU coating. The outer material is made of 1680 Denier Ballistic Nylon Cordura® and a breathable, waterproof membrane. The sewn-on shoe tongue also offers protection from wind and moisture thanks to special sealing.
The SPD-compatible Vibram® rubber sole was specially developed for the Wolfgar and is reinforced by a carbon fibre midsole. The heel area, also made of carbon fibre, adds to the robustness. Aerogel insulation in the toe and sole area has a cold-blocking effect and provides pleasant warmth and comfort just moments after putting on the boot. The Wolfgar has an extra wide shoe sole, which is equipped with a 9 hole device for mounting concave spikes (not included).
By means of a double quick lacing system, fit and wearing comfort can be individually adjusted. This system also allows optimal regulation of blood flow. Other features of the Wolfgar include a rubberized toe cap, gaiter hooks, and Dupont Zytel® nylon lace eyelets that can withstand temperatures as low as -28°C. In general, the experts at 45NRTH recommend a temperature range of -31°C to -12°C for the Wolfgar.
Features - Wolfgar SPD
- High-cut, SPD-compatible winter boot for extreme weather conditions
- 2-shoe system with protective outer shoe and removable inner shoe
- 400g Primaloft insulated outer boot with light PU coating
- Outer material made of 1680 Denier Ballistic Nylon Cordura® and breathable, waterproof membrane
- Rubberized toe cap
- Carbon fiber midsole and heel
- External Velcro closure at the ankle
- Gaiter hook
- Dupont Zytel® nylon lace eyelets resistant to -28°C
- SPD compatible Vibram® rubber sole, exclusively developed for the Wølfgar
- Sewn-on shoe tongue with water and windproof seal
- Aerogel insulation in toe and sole area
- Extra wide shoe sole with 9 holes for mounting concave spikes (not included)
- Double quick lacing system to adjust comfort and regulate blood flow
- Temperature range: -31°C to -12°C
With its nano-sized air pockets that block cold and heat, Aero-Gel is an ultra-thin, pressure-resistant and waterproof insulation with low thermal conductivity. This same insulation is used by NASA to protect astronauts and sensitive equipment during missions. Aerogel is strong, durable, flexible and up to five times more effective than conventional thermal insulation.
Wolfgar Winter Cycling Boot