- In stock, delivery time 1-3 days
saved 26 %
incl. 19% VAT, plus €0.00 shipping costs
Fast, light and versatile wheels: the 303 Firecrest Carbon Clincher from ZippWhen it comes to going fast on a bicycle, efficiency means reduced: Wind resistance, rolling resistance, rider fatigue, weight. The 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake was designed using real-world direct measurements (vs. primarily wind tunnel or computer simulation). The results were huge. Its rim is slightly more bulbous in design than its predecessor, with a 32mm outside width, a 25mm internal width, and a 40mm rim depth. The profile provides low drag and an improved transition between rim and tire, boosting aero efficiency on the road. The wide rim stance also features less tire deflection for reduced rolling resistance.
The combination of the wider tire, increased tire volume, and lower tire pressure helps to reduce rider fatigue by smoothing out the ride over imperfect pavement and road conditions—the tire and wheel system absorbs the shaking, not the rider. At the center of the 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc brake is a versatile and durable new hubset, the German-engineered ZR1 DB. This hubset features 66 points of engagement for quicker response. The 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake wheelset is for dedicated cyclists who aspire to the latest in technology. Its competitors… in races, against peers, or simply conquering personal limits. This is about becoming faster and matching your motivation to the most advanced technology.
Features - Zipp 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- Versatile endurance wheelset for the modern road bike with tubeless and hookless rim profile
- Lighter Weight than its predecessor, making it nimble and fast.
- Tubeless Made Easy, optimized tire bed sign allows for simple tool-free installation and removal with no need for an air compressor to seat the tire.
- Ultra-wide 25mm rim profile creates a better tire interface to be fast on or off the road
- New 40mm rim depth makes a light and aero wheel in every situation
- New ZR1 DB hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
- Center locking rotor interface. Lockring is included with the wheels
- XDR™ or SRAM/Shimano driver bodies
- Campagnolo driver body sold separately
- Use: Road, Cyclocross
- Model: 303 Firecrest Carbon Clincher
- Rim size: 28"
- Spokes: 24
- Brake type: Center Lock Disc
- Tubeless system: Yes
- Max recommended system weight: 115kg (body weight + bike + equipment)
- Max tire pressure: 5.03bar (73psi)
- Inner width: 25mm
- Rim depth: 40mm
- Valve hole: SV (6.5mm)
- Hub: ZR1
- Hub axle system:
- front: 12 x 100 mm thru axle
- rear: 12 x 142 mm thru axle
- Spoke type: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke pattern: 2-cross
- Nipple type: Sapim secure-loc
- Shimano Freewheel: 8-/9-/10-/11-speed Shimano/SRAM (Road)
- Rim: Carbon
- Hub: Aluminum
- Spokes: Stainless steel
- Bearings: Steel
- 1352g (manufacturer information)
Scope of delivery
- 1 x Zipp 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake Wheelset
- 2 x Tubeless Valve
- 2 x Tubeless Rim Tape
- 1 x Valve Wrench
- 1 x Spacer
- 2 x Lockring
ABLC™ (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control)
Zipp Firecrest Revolution
Zipp Firecrest Difference
Zipp Firecrest Numerology
Laufen super, beschleunigen schnell und guter Sound
Super Laufräder. Ein ganz neues Fahrgefühl. Durch den geringen Luftdruck, bei 77 kg mit (v) 3,9 und (h) 4,1 bar, ergibt sich ein Fahrgefühl, dass ich bisher nur vom MTB kannte. Kleine bis mittelgroße Schlaglöcher werden einfach überfahren. Ob es die Firecrest sein müssen oder man die wesentlich günstigeren, aber schwereren, 303S wählt, muss man für sich selbst entscheiden.
I have done first rides with this wheelset. I am impressed on difference it provides on non-ideal tarmac.