saved 36 %
incl. 19% VAT, plus €4.49 shipping costs
- In stock, delivery time 1-3 days
Features - WTB Byway TCS SG2 700c
- Smooth centerline for efficiency with diamond shaped outer knobs for grip in the dirt
- High volume tire enables comfortable ride
- Dual Compound rubber means a fast rolling tire with great corning traction
- Use: Gravel / Adventure Road / Endurance
- Conditions: Pavement / Hardpack / Dirt / Gravel
- Type: Folding
- Level: TCS Light Fast Rolling
- Compound: Dual Compound DNA
- Bed: TCS
- Casing: Single-ply 120tpi
Size (choose variant)
- 28 x 1.50" (40-622)
- 28 x 1.625" (44-622)
Weight (manufacturer information)
- 463g (40-622)
- 525g (44-622)
Scope of delivery
- 1 x WTB Byway TCS SG2 700c Folding Tyre
Designed to meet ETRTO standards, TCS (Tubeless Compatible System) tyres feature the best of both worlds: they boast the ride benefits & reliability of a tubeless tire with the minimal weight of a tube type tyre. This versatile system combines WTB's casing and tread compound of your choice, as well as a tubeless aramid bead.
TCS Light Fast Rolling (LFR)
A fast and efficient centerline tread compound matched to sticky, low durometer side knobs coat a supple, gram-conscious casing designed to be compliant while still trail worthy.
Dual DNA Rubber Compound
Dual DNA is the perfect mix of efficiency, traction, and durability. The centerline tread features a firmer rubber compound that boasts faster rolling and increased durability, while the side knobs are composed of softer, slower-rebounding rubber that improves control and grip.
SG2 Puncture Protection
With WTB's SG2 puncture protection, the tyre contains a lightweight nylon insert that provides bead-to-bead coverage and ensures every area of the tire is defended against slashes and punctures. Nylon fibers have a flat profile, which reduces the amount of rubber needed to fill the gaps between fibers and minimizes weight. Protected SG2 gravel tires feature a 120tpi casing, which improves suppleness compared to a traditional 60tpi tire. SG2 was specifically designed to be a puncture protection layer, but it also improves air retention and eliminates seeping at the sidewall.
SG2 Puncture Protection Overview