Features - SH-XC100
- Perforated synthetic leather upper for excellent fit and breathability
- Three sturdy Velcro straps distribute pressure forces evenly across the top of the foot
- Asymmetrical strap design minimizes pressure on the top of the foot
- Enveloping, low overlap upper provides a snug fit
- Lightweight, fiberglass-reinforced nylon sole for optimal power transfer
- Rubber outsole with XC tread provides stable pedal engagement and reliable grip while walking
- Stiffness index: 5
- Weight: approx. 334 g per shoe (size 42)
- Pedal recommendation: PD-M520
The SPD concept offers greater efficiency, stability and comfort even under the most difficult conditions. And not only on the bike: the recessed cleats allow comfortable walking. You can find more information about the SPD system here!
The toe spring area of a cycling shoe plays an essential role in supporting pedaling efficiency. If it is too high, it can cause more tension in the plantar, calf and posterior thigh muscles. If it is too low, it results in a flexed, inefficient pedaling motion. Extensive research by R&D experts at Shimano has resulted in a superior shoe last design with an optimized toe spring area that promotes a smoother, more energy-efficient upward motion. Shimano Dynalast was developed based on feedback from pro riders and helps reduce energy loss on long rides. So you have more power for the final sprint across the finish line.
Limit energy loss through greater pedaling efficiency: between crank angles of 200 ° and 360 ° occurs in the backward phase of a pedal movement a loss of power or energy. Shoes that use Shimano Dynalast help reduce this energy loss by supporting a smoother, more efficient pedaling motion. If you want to reduce fatigue, get the most out of your legs, or simply perform a bit better, you should ride with Shimano Dynalast.