Features - X-Trail
- Explorer sole with a calibrated stiffness midsole combines optimal power transfer in the pedal area with an ideally flexible medial zone so it also feels great when walking
- 28% more abrasion resistant than TPU, the Michelin rubber tread provides excellent grip on all surfaces
- Extremely comfortable 3D mesh upper coated with a highly wear-resistant protective film with strategically placed impact-resistant reinforcements
- Laser perforated vents
- 3 lightweight asymmetrical velcro straps reduce pressure on the foot
- Weight: approx. 360 g per shoe
Northwave developed this sole with Michelin Technical Soles to combine XC performance with the traction to walk securely on any terrain. The calibrated stiffness midsole unleashes pure power in the pedal area, while the more flexible medial zone makes it feel great when walking. The tread, whose pattern is inspired by two Michelin off-road tyres, and the outer shell are made from 100% Michelin rubber which is 28% more wear resistant than TPU and delivers excellent grip in all weathers.
The asymmetrical construction is another innovation of the collection. The central strap is moved to the center so as to follow the anatomy of the foot and reduce the pressure on the side area, because it's particularly sensitive. The straps have been lightened by all superfluous elements, presenting thinner thicknesses and discharged central areas, thereby maintaining maximum grip.