Freedom - A never ending journey to nowhere. The new limited summer collection from Northwave
With Northwave's Rebel 3 MTB shoes you can ensure optimal power flow to the pedal - thanks to BioMap Unibody construction of the upper shoe. From below, the Race footbed provides more support and the Carbon XC 12 sole for maximum traction as well as exceptional abrasion resistance. An integrated heel counter protects you from accidentally slipping out.
The elegance of black is skillfully combined with the preciousness of gold in technical details that make the Rebel 3 exclusive and unique. The golden color is a reminder of the most important prize that all athletes crave and the priceless moments of celebration after fighting for the steps of the podium. The black of the upper, complemented by graphic details such as the new NW logo on the heel and the word Tokyo in Japanese script on the front are fine essentials and make the Rebel a unique and classy shoe.
Features - Rebel 3
- Carbon XC 12 sole with full carbon insert in pedal area and a stiffness index of 12.0.
- TPU inserts in strategic areas provide maximum traction and exceptional abrasion resistance
- BioMap Unibody upper construction has a fully anatomical design that completely surrounds the foot to ensure optimal power flow to the pedal
- Thermoweld applied TPU reinforcements for added protection
- Double SLW2 twist closure - the only one with gradual loosening or complete opening at the simple push of a button - and an additional Velcro closure for excellent pressure distribution
- Integrated heel counter, lined with special fiber fabric, protects against accidental slip-out
- Performance Regular footbed for more support from below
- Weight: approx. 317 g per shoe
Carbon XC 12
Extremely stiff when pedaling, thanks to the full carbon insert in the pedal area, but also ideal for long distances, thanks to the extra flex in the midfoot area. Designed with TPU inserts at strategic points to ensure high traction and excellent abrasion resistance.
Maximum precision and ease of use. The side control button offers two functions: simply press the button for gradual opening - or lift the button to open the shoe completely at once. The ergonomic design of the closure is adapted to the natural shape of the foot. For added comfort with minimal height and weight. The outer elastic cover provides easier and better operability. The special rope used takes advantage of the best technologies from sailing and can be easily replaced in case of failure.
Reduces conventional seams for greater comfort and lighter weight: not just an idea, rather our dogma! This is exactly why Northwave is a pioneer in hot gluing processes and their application in unibody upper constructions. Thanks to Biomap Unibody technology, we can process thinner-walled and therefore lighter materials while reducing the number of seams. The result is a perfect anatomical design that hugs the foot like a second skin, ensuring a tighter, more consistent fit.
Integrated Heel System
The new construction of the upper allows to integrate an efficient heel retention system inside the structure, without the need for external elements. Same efficiency, reduced weight.
Northwave Rebel 3
I recommend this MTB shoe for great quality and the most comfortable fit. The size is fully consistent to the information of the Northwave manufacturer.