saved 48 %
incl. 19% VAT, plus €0.00 shipping costs
- In stock, delivery time 1-3 days
Warming winter road shoe with GORE-TEX®: the Celsius R Arctic GTX® by Northwave
The carbon reinforced NRG Air Carbon sole with a stiffness index of 8.0 and a natural rubber heel provides extreme grip on any surface. The upper shoe with its overlap construction minimizes wind resistance, perfectly wraps the foot, avoids pressure points and transmits every watt of power to the drivetrain without loss. Additional TPU reinforcements offer 360° protection across the entire upper shoe.
An easy and consistent fit is ensured by the SLW3 twist-lock closure system, the only one with a step-by-step release that allows for millimeter-precise adjustment of the shoe closure in a quick and intuitive way.
The new Easyfit entry zone combines the extreme flexibility of the Gore-Tex Rattler® membrane with the high thermal insulation of neoprene, guaranteeing mobility and cold/wet protection. The ergonomic heel shape with its anatomical fit thanks to the latest thermoforming technology combined with the Arctic 4Layer insole made of EVA + aluminium and EVA + fleece ensures excellent thermal insulation.
The 360° reflective inserts ensure greater safety in poor visibility conditions.
Features - Celsius R Arctic GTX
- Koala Gore-Tex® membrane that keeps the foot warm and perfectly insulated in the coldest conditions
- Additional lining in the toe area provides better thermal insulation
- Carbon reinforced NRG Air Carbon sole with a stiffness index of 8.0
- Natural rubber heel provides extreme grip on any surface
- Overlap construction minimizes wind resistance
- Additional TPU reinforcements offer 360° protection over the entire upper shoe
- SLW3 twist-lock closure system ensures the only one with a step-by-step release
- Easyfit entry zone combines the extreme flexibility of the Gore-Tex Rattler® membrane
- Ergonomic heel shape with its anatomical fit thanks to state-of-the-art thermoforming technology
- Arctic 4Layer insole made of EVA + aluminium as well as EVA + fleece ensures excellent thermal insulation
- 360° reflective inserts
Sock tips for Gore-Tex® bike shoes
The socks worn in shoes with Gore-Tex® must match the functional characteristics of the shoes. Although you might think that thick socks are the first choice to protect you from the cold, they have a serious disadvantage: the thicker the sock, the more difficult it is to wick sweat away from the foot. In the worst case scenario, the sock even soaks up sweat completely. This creates the unpleasant feeling of dampness and wetness. However, this does not depend on the shoe. The wetness comes from the inside. So it's better to wear somewhat thinner socks made of a functional material that wicks moisture away to the outside and thus promotes evaporation through the membrane pores.
NRG Air Carbon Sole
The NRG Air Carbon Reinforced sole is even stiffer thanks to a new blend of fiberglass and carbon reinforced nylon. Like the entire collection of road soles, this sole is equipped with the Airflow ventilation system, which ensures optimal air circulation inside the shoe thanks to the openings.
The new SLW3, developed by X-Dial, is absolutely unique and offers ultra-fast, micrometer-precise fastening. This compact mechanism is very easy and intuitive to use. Simply press the button for step-by-step opening - or lift the button to completely open the shoe instantly.
Kalte Füße, enge Schuhe...Tschüssikowski, nich mit diesem Schuh. Passt 1a, bietet genug Platz für den Vorderfuß, ohne auf das Kleinzehengelenk zu drücken. Das war mir sehr wichtig. Die Overlap Konstruktion ist echt gelungen, umschließt den Oberfuß und hält ihn schön fest. Die Membran sorgt für nötigen Wärme- und Feuchtigkeitsaustausch und die Neoprensocke dient prima als Kälteblocker. Dank der 2 Fingerschlaufen kommt man da auch gut rein und wieder raus, bei frühen Vorgängermodellen war das weit beschwerlicher.