For superior power transmission: the Ultimate XC Gravel shoe by Mavic
100% power, efficiency and performance in cross-country, cyclocross or gravel racing. When speed is of the essence, this lightweight shoe impresses with best-in-class power transfer, great fit and feel. Because it is the result of 10 years of experience in building ever more powerful shoes for the most demanding XC racers in the world.
There has been a change of era in XC and cyclocross racing. The race courses are increasingly extreme, with the steepest climbs and descents, maximum technical difficulties - in addition to the enormously intense speed. Maximum power transfer and a seamless connection to the bike are more important than ever. That's why the Ultimate XC is made for modern off-road racing, with breakthrough technologies that give you every advantage you can imagine.
The upper is based on Matryx technology - a super lightweight and breathable material that is five times more abrasion resistant than most synthetics. Its weave of polyamide and Kevlar threads in the lacing area provides optimal foot support and durability. The upper material is also fully coated to effectively repel dirt and dry faster when wet. Two finely adjustable Boa® L2i turn closures allow for a comfortable fit, strong foot support and maximum power transmission. The completely redesigned outsole is based on super-light, ultra-stiff uni-directional carbon fibers embedded in an epoxy resin matrix. The fibers are hand-laid and selectively aligned to optimize pedaling efficiency.
Features - Ultimate XC
- Full carbon outsole made of uni-directional carbon fibers hand-laid into an epoxy resin matrix for minimal weight, maximum stiffness and power transfer
- External memory foam heel counter and liner for secure heel hold
- Overlapping Matryx upper stabilizes the foot for maximum power transfer and an all-around custom fit
- Extra low cut ankle area for maximum freedom of movement
- Lightweight Energy Grip Terra Carbon SL carbon outsole provides efficient climbing and rapid acceleration
- Matryx upper without any excess material for more foot support at a lower weight
- 2 Boa® L2i turn buckles, micro-adjustable in 1 mm increments, ensure precise fit and quick release function
- Minimalist rubber platform for maximum support on SPD pedals
- Compatible with screw-in cleats
- Incl. shoe net bag
- Weight: approx. 300 g (per shoe)
High-quality insole for lasting comfort and performance.
Energy Grip Terra Carbon SL Outsole
The lightest Mavic off-road outsole with optimal stiffness, handcrafted from unidirectional carbon fibers embedded in thermosetting epoxy resin. The fibres are processed according to the load they have to bear. Strategic rubber bumpers have been placed according to the need for pedal connection.
Patented technology with high tensile carbon and polyamide material for superior abrasion resistance - plus superior breathability and targeted foot support.