saved 26 %
incl. 19% VAT, plus €0.00 shipping costs
- In stock, delivery time 1-3 days
Lightweight shoe with efficient power transfer: the Cosmic Ultimate III Road Bike Shoe by Mavic
To meet the demands of the best WorldTour pros, the Cosmic Ultimate was targeted for three all-important performance factors: maximum power transfer, foot support and adjustability. Test riders reported that many shoes excel in one or two of these aspects - but they wanted a shoe that could do it all.
Mavic started with the outstanding Matryx material, a patented technology for the upper shoe that uses Kevlar threads running through the polyamide fabric. This lightweight, foot-hugging material provides great stability and support with minimal lateral movement. Combined with a stiff full carbon outsole and only 6.5mm of overall height, the result is particularly good pedaling efficiency and therefore also good power transmission.
The Matryx upper has an overlapping design with a 3D tongue and close, comfortable fit for all foot shapes and sizes. Two Boa® Fit System IP1 swivel closures offer millimeter-level 2-way adjustment for a precise fit that keeps your feet comfortable on the longest stages. The low-cut ankle area guarantees maximum freedom of movement and the integrated heel cap with preformed foam padding fixes your heel absolutely securely.
Inspired by the toughest of cyclists, the Cosmic Ultimate is a true all-rounder. It supports you on your longest, toughest training days and gives you the edge when you're in the fight to win.
Product Details - Cosmic Ultimate III
- Upper with patented Matryx technology with interwoven Kevlar threads
- Energy Full Carbon SLR outsole minimizes weight and rotating mass
- Ultra-low profile (6.5mm) for even greater pedaling efficiency
- Thin sole construction places foot close to pedal for maximum pedaling efficiency
- Overlapping Matryx upper stabilizes your foot for maximum power transfer and comfort
- Extra low cut ankle area offers maximum freedom of movement
- 3D Ortholite® insole for strong foot support and even more comfort
- BOA IP1 closure offers precise adjustability in 1mm increments or alternatively lightning fast opening and closing
- Rubber lugs for increased durability
High-quality insole for lasting comfort and performance.
Energy Full Carbon SLR sole
The lightest Mavic outsole with optimal stiffness, made of unidirectional carbon fibers embedded in thermosetting epoxy resin. The fibers are hand-laid into the matrix according to the load they must bear. The SLR uses unidirectional carbon fibers that allow it to create a performance cycling shoe with very specific strength characteristics based on the stress points of cycling. Strategic venting has been placed to create airflow into the shoe to keep your feet dry.
BOA® Fit System IP1
IP1 features incremental adjustment when the adjustment wheel is under tension. It also features a pull up handle for quick release. IP1 also features a mirrored system for rotating the left and right latches in the same or opposite direction, depending on the fit.
Sehr leichter, bequemer und steifer Schuh. Absolutes Topsegment von Mavic. Sehr Zufrieden.