The previous version of this short, the Cosmic Ultimate SL Bibshort, was a favorite for its special material that provides muscle support and its high-performance insert that offers just the right amount of cushion with a close-to-the saddle feel. For this updated version, Mavic has kept the highly supportive fabric and updated the firm, supportive chamy to make it more flexible. Lastly, Mavic improved the patterning with raw-but bottom leg construction to keep the comfortable hold around the legs. The shorts are made with an innovative, made-in-France fabric that’s 20% lighter than standard knit fabric. The material also dries twice as quickly as standard knit for superior moisture management.
The updated Ergo Contact insert is made with a unique Ortholite® multilayer construction that offers plenty of support with minimal bulk. The chamy effectively absorbs shocks and vibrations while still giving you a close connection to the saddle. It's engineered for improved moisture management and flexibility to give you more freedom of movement. The overall bib shape has a low-profile cut below the navel for maximum ventilation when you’re riding in an aggressive position. And the single-fabric, raw-cut construction on the legs includes silicon grippers for a comfortable hold on the thighs with minimal weight.
Features - Cosmic Ultimate SL II Trägerhose
- Multi-layer seat pad with Ortholite® memory foam in 3 different densities for riders who prefer direct saddle contact
- Ortholite® memory foam in the sciatic area increases shock absorption by 20% compared to standard seat pads
- High-performance "next-to-skin" material provides even better moisture management
- Durable, high-elasticity fabric provides lightweight muscle support and a comfortable, non-slip fit on the legs
- 4-way stretch fabric with maximum elasticity and abrasion resistance
- Elastic straps comfortably adjust to different body shapes and sizes
- "Raw-cut" leg cuffs with silicone grippers provide a comfortable non-slip fit
- Reflective elements guarantee better visibility in low light conditions
- Extra flat, bonded straps
- Reflective details
Mavic's thinner, multi-layer seat pad with Ortholite® memory foam provides a snug connection to the saddle, giving you comfort and control without adding bulk.