saved 10 %
incl. 19% VAT, plus €0.00 shipping costs
- In stock, delivery time 1-3 days
High stiffness, innovative and lightweight: the 38 K Float Factory E-Tuned Grip2 Tapered Boost from Fox RacingAll the revolutionary features of the new 36 packed into a super-strong chassis specially designed for modern, hard Enduro racing with long suspension travel: The brand new 38 is at the starting line! Whatever gets in its way, it will never tire of panting for even more speed.
The award-winning 38 gets a huge performance boost with the improved FIT GRIP2 4-way adjustable damper. Equipped with the patent-pending dual Variable Valve Control (VVC) high- and low-speed rebound adjuster, improved compression damping and less friction overall, the 38 offers a new level of performance and adjustability that matches the X2 shocks. The high-speed compression stage and high-speed rebound stage is now easily adjustable with 8 clicks. "Factory" says it all. The best-of-the-best technology we have to offer is available in our Factory Series models with our buttery smooth, and ultra durable Genuine Kashima Coat. These products are World Cup proven.External steps in lower casting reduce weight.
The new 38 come equipped with a new quick-release lever operated patent-pending floating axle system, combining the benefit of a floating axle with the ease of a tool-free quick-release. With this system, spacing is locked in via a floating sleeve, allowing repeated front wheel removal and reinstallation while maintaining perfect fork alignment. Floating sleeve positioning comes preset from the factory so if you are unsure of how to operate the floating axle system or simply don’t want to bother with it, you can just install the front wheel and get on with your ride.
Modern frame designs and geometry trends require modern suspension design solutions. The arch design of the all-new 38 is designed to pair perfectly with modern Enduro and Downhill bikes. Head tube profiles have grown larger and larger, and fork offsets shorter and shorter. The new arch shape takes this need into account by jutting forward to provide ample headtube clearance at full compression.
The 38’s elliptical steer tube is one of many ways Fox Racing further optimized stiffness-to-weight, placing more material only Fox Racing it is needed, and eliminating every ounce of it where it’s not.
Features - Fox Racing 38 K Float 29" Factory GRIP2 Tapered Boost
- Improved FLOAT EVOL air spring adds plushness
- Factory Series models feature Genuine Kashima Coat
- Innovative elliptical head tube in the fork crown area for high stiffness at minimum weight
- Pressure compensation system in the immersion tube unit
- Air and oil channels in the immersion tube unit
- Improved GRIP2 cartridge for even better control
- GRIP2 with dual VVC (Variable Valve Control)
- High-speed compression stage and high-speed rebound stage easily adjustable with each 8 clicks
- Weight-optimized chassis with optimal stiffness/weight ratio and new triple clamp for more space in the head tube area
- Weight-optimised chassis offers particularly great advantages with shorter offsets
- Stiffer than 36: 31% higher stiffness for lateral forces, 9% higher brake stiffness and 20% higher torsional stiffness
- 58 mm fork crown diameter for optically even transition between voluminous steering tubes and fork crown
- 4-point direct mounting on the fork for mudguards
- Use: E-Bike Enduro
- Spring: Air
- Damping: Grip2 Fit Adjust
- Adjustments: Rebound, spring hardness over air pressure, Grip2 Fit with Adjust
- Adjustments Grip2 damper:
- High-speed compression: 8 clicks (w/VVC)
- Low-speed compression: 16 clicks
- High-speed rebound: 8 clicks (w/VVC)
- Low-speed rebound: 16 clicks
- Steerer: Tapered 1.5" to 1 1/8"
- Upper Tubes: 38mm
- Disc brake mount: Post Mount (PM7 - Direct Mount 180mm)
- Maximum Rotor Size: 230mm
- Drop out: Boost 15x110mm Thru-Axle with quick release lever
Wheel size / Travel / Offset / Drop out (choose variant)
- 27.5" / 170mm / 44 Offset / Boost
- 29" / 170mm / 44 Offset / Boost
- Steerer: Aluminum
- Crown: Aluminum
- Lowers: Magnesium
- Upper Tubes: Aluminum (Kashima Coat)
- shiny black orange / gloss black
- 2180g (manufacturer information)
Scope of delivery
- 1 Fox Racing 38 K Float Factory E-Tuned Grip2 Tapered Boost
- 1 Fox Racing Boost 15x110mm Thru-Axle with quick release lever
- 1 Star Nut
- 3 Volume Spacers
The new damper shares its roots with the original GRIP architecture, but has been seriously enhanced with all-new technology: 4-way adjustability, VVC high-speed rebound circuit, high-performance mid-valve, and overall friction-reducing treatments.
Buttery-smooth, Genuine Kashima Coat's distinctive gold color is backed by its high performance attributes - properties that provide an exceptionally smooth feel and extreme durability. All Factory Series Forks - Now available on the entire Factory Series fork lineup. Buttery-smooth, Genuine Kashima Coat is available only from FOX - the Kashima Coat logo is individually pad-printed on each stanchion.
The FLOAT air spring system developed for 32, 34 and 40 is lighter and reduces the force to initiate travel, providing excellent sensitivity and small bump compliance for all riders and pressure settings. Similar to our FLOAT rear shocks, the new FLOAT system features positive and negative air springs that automatically equalize during use to give each rider the right pressure balance. The progressiveness of the spring curve can be adjusted via air volume spacers, allowing riders to fine-tune the feel of the air spring.
A more linear spring curve gives EVOL forks and shocks plushness off the top, extra mid-stroke support, and more tunable bottom-out progression, allowing riders to tap into the ideal pairing of front and rear-end feel. The EVOL technology from rear shocks is now integrated into all FOX forks. EVOL increases negative air spring volume, specifically positioned and sized for optimum small bump sensitivity.
Air Volume Spacers
The progressiveness of the FLOAT air spring curve can be adjusted via air volume spacers, allowing riders to fine-tune the feel of the air spring.
FIT GRIP2 now features high-speed rebound using the novel and patent-pending approach: Variable Valve Control (VVC). It’s a revolutionary way to adjust the high-speed rebound circuit, effectively changing valve stiffness rather than adding preload. Unlike normal adjusters that add valve preload, VVC uses a leaf spring to alter valve flex in the high-speed rebound circuit. The adjuster provides the same effect as revalving high-speed rebound but without the need for damper disassembly.
Speed Pedelec forks are made specifically for the rigors of E-BIKES with a stouter chassis and longer durability due to adding material to strengthen critical areas. The design also uses tuning originally done for Enduro use, which fits the needs of the E-MTB and overall E-BIKE rider very well.
FOX FLOAT Air Spring