- In stock, delivery time 1-3 days
saved 44 %
incl. 19% VAT, plus €4.49 shipping costs
Waxing instructions are printed on the inside of the bag. Greenland Wax Pack Bag is made from leftover materials from G-1000 clothing production. Therefore, the colors of the pack bag may vary from order to order.
How to impregnate your G-1000 clothing
- Take the block of Greenland Wax and rub a thin, even layer on the fabric. It is advisable to apply a little more wax to the shoulder and knee areas and other exposed areas. Make sure the fabric is well covered with wax.
- Use a hair dryer or old iron to melt the wax so that it soaks into the fibers (remember to wipe off the iron before using it on other garments). In the open, hold the garment a few decimeters above a steady, strong flame of the spirit stove. Slowly bring it up to the flame until you see the wax melt. Be careful not to burn your garment, and under no circumstances put your arm or hand into it. Just hold the garment taut and move it back and forth until the wax is absorbed into the fabric.
Wax according to the weather conditionsBy varying the amount of wax, you can optimize the function of your G-1000 garment depending on the weather and activity. For example:
- Hiking without a backpack. Reinforce the seams with wax to make the jacket extra water and abrasion resistant.
- Hiking with a backpack. Wax the front of the jacket. Body heat is dissipated at the back, while the front resists wind and weather.
- Hiking in warm climates. Machine wash the garment at 40 degrees. This will give you a pleasantly cool garment that breathes to the maximum.
Scope of delivery
- 1 x Greenland Wax (15 g)
Fjällräven - Wax guide: Adapt your G-1000 garments