more products in this category
Show more products in this category
Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Disc Tubeless Sram XDR WheelsetZipp’s ultimate all-around speed weapon is now tubeless ready. That means you get all of the aero advantages of the 454 NSW Tubeless Disc-brake wheelset with the added benefit of increased cornering grip and compliance with reduced rolling resistance. The wheelset’s 19mm internal width is optimized for running wider tubeless tires at reduced air pressure.
Nature as a model: The 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc-brake from ZippThe 454 NSW’s undulating 53/58mm-deep rim shape, our proprietary Sawtooth™ profile, takes design cues from nature for our highest performing wheel when it comes to aero efficiency and crosswind stability. A humpback whale’s fast and graceful movements are aided by tubercles on its pectoral fins. These structures inspired Zipp advanced development engineers to, for the first time, systematically apply biomimicry to solve the complex challenge of designing a wheel, with the undulating Hyperfoil™ nodes, that reduces both aerodynamic drag and side force. Combined that with tubeless compatibility and the power of disc brakes, and you are set for the ultimate in Zipp performance.
Features - Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc-brake
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that screams speed, applied using Zipp’s ImPress™ direct-print technology
- 19mm internal width and tubeless compatibility for optimization of wider tires with lower tire pressure
- Cognition DB hubset rolls efficiently whether you are pedaling or coasting. Its Axial Clutch™ technology allows the freehub’s ratcheting mechanism to deliver half the mechanical drag of conventional three-pawl hubs
- Sawtooth™ rim with Hyperfoil™ nodes and HexFin™ ABLC dimple pattern for top aero and crosswind-stability performance with an undulating 53/58mm rim depth
- Center locking rotor interface. Lockring is included
- XDR™ or SRAM/Shimano driver bodies
- Ships with 12mm front and rear end caps
- Campagnolo driver body sold separately
- Use: Road, Triathlon, Cyclocross
- Model: 454 NSW Tubeless Carbon Clincher
- Rim size: 28"
- Tyre type: Clincher
- Spokes: 24
- Brake type: Disc Brake (Centerlock)
- Tubeless system: yes
- Max recommended system weight: 113kg (body weight + bike + equipment)
- Max tire pressure: 8.62bar (125psi)
- Rim: Zipp NSW
- Inner Rim witdh: 19mm
- Rim depth: 53/58mm
- Valve hole: SV (6.5mm)
- Hub: Zipp Cognition
- Hub axle system:
- front: 12 x 100mm Thru Axle
- rear: 12 x 142mm Thru Axle
- Spoke type: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke pattern: 2-cross
- Nipple type: Sapim secure-loc, J-bend
- Sram XDR Freewheel: 12-speed Sram
- Rim: Carbon
- Hub: Aluminum
- Spokes: Stainless steel
- Nipples: Aluminium
- 1815g (manufacturer information)
Scope of delivery
- 1 x Zipp 454 NSW Disc Tubeless Carbon Clincher Wheelset
- 2 x Zipp Tubeless Valve
- 2 x Zipp Tubeless Rim Tape
- 2 x Lockring
SawTooth™ is the name given to Zipp NSW’s patented variable depth 53/58mm rims. Developed utilizing the principles of the emerging science of biomimicry, Zipp engineers began the rigorous aero development process of SawTooth™ utilizing the wind tunnel, CFD, and real-world testing. The result is a rim shape that takes nature’s most elegant design solutions and combines engineering precision to deliver a wheel that performs unlike any made before. This patented new rim shape achieves something conventional aero wheels cannot; it simultaneously reduces both aerodynamic drag and side force for the ultimate in AeroBalance™. Sawtooth™ accomplishes this with a series of patented fin-shaped Hyperfoil™ nodes along the inner diameter of the rim that work together with our new HexFin™ ABLC dimples for improved airflow. The result is Zipp’s highest performing wheelset ever realized with both aero-drag reduction and reduced side force at all wind yaw angles. This is important because higher wind yaw angles are where bike handling is most affected by the wind.
Hyperfoil™ is the name given to the individual nodes on Zipp NSW variable depth Sawtooth™ rims. Each of these patented structures features our HexFin™ ABLC dimples that help to stabilize handling in gusting wind by increasing wind vortex shedding frequency. The higher frequency vortex shedding produced by Sawtooth™ creates a greater number of smaller, less powerful, yet more predictable vortices leading to greater wheel stability. This added stability translates into greater rider control, thereby saving energy that is typically expended trying to hold a line in gusting wind. The result is a faster, more confident riding experience whether you are laying down power or descending sinuous mountain roads.
HexFin™ ABLC dimples are the hexagonally shaped depressions found at each Hyperfoil™ of our Sawtooth™ shaped NSW rims. The angular shape of each dimple increases boundary layer mixing to help keep airflow attached to the rim for reduced aerodynamic drag and improved stability in crosswinds. To further improve the effectiveness of the hexagonal dimples, they are arranged in fin-shaped clusters made up of variable sized dimples that work in concert with each Hyperfoil™ of a Sawtooth™ rim.
Zipp has employed the ImPress™ graphics technology, which prints graphics directly on the wheel, to help allow the dimples to do what they were design to do – help control vortex shedding, the rate at which air sheds off the wheel. Managing this is crucial to stability. ImPress graphics also give NSW a distinctive stealthy look.
Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Clincher
Zipp Cognition Hubset with Axial Clutch Technology
Zipp NSWModel year: 2021
This article has not yet been reviewed.