more products in this category
Show more products in this category
Zipp 404 Firecrest® Carbon Tubeless Sram/Shimano WheelsetZipp’s legendary speed weapon, the 404 Firecrest, is better than ever. This go-to rim-brake wheelset is, for the first time, tubeless ready. That means you can run reduced tire pressure for reduced rolling resistance and increased cornering grip and compliance without the risk of pinch flats.
The perfect allrounder: the 404 Firecrest® Carbon Clincher from ZippThis wheelset’s 58mm rim depth is a classic that has carried athletes to victory in every kind of event and situation – every triathlon distance, breakaways, field sprints and hilly finishes. Zipp’s ABLC™ Sawtooth™ Technology uses a complex dimpling pattern to improve aero efficiency. Zipp’s ShowStopper™ textured braking surface delivers unrivalled rim braking performance in wet or dry conditions. At the center of the 404 Firecrest Tubeless rim-brake is a versatile and durable new hubset, the German engineered ZR1. If you had to choose just one wheel for road riding and racing, the 404 Firecrest Tubeless is a savvy and speedy choice.
Features - Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Rim-brake
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- New ZR1 hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
- Built with Sapim CX Sprint J-bend spokes
- Tubeless ensuring secure performance even when ridden at lower tire pressures
- All-around aero 58mm rim depth with proven crosswind stability
- ABLC Sawtooth™ dimple design helps manage air flow around the rim, and contributes to create a faster, more stable wheel
- Showstopper™ textured brake track delivers superior modulation and shortest stopping distances in wet and dry conditions
- XDR™ or SRAM/Shimano driver bodies
- Campagnolo driver body sold separately
- Use: Road
- Model: 404 Firecrest® Carbon Clincher
- Rim size: 28"
- Tyre type: Clincher
- front: 18
- rear: 24
- Brake type: Rim Brake
- Tubeless system: Yes
- Max recommended system weight: 115kg (body weight + bike + equipment)
- Max tire pressure: 8.62bar (125psi)
- Rim: Zipp 404 Firecrest
- Inner Rim witdh: 19mm
- Rim depth: 58mm
- Valve hole: SV (6.5mm)
- Hub: Zipp ZR1
- Hub axle system:
- front: 9 x 100mm QR
- rear: 10 x 130mm QR
- Spoke type: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke pattern:
- front: Radial
- rear: 2-cross
- Nipple type: Sapim secure-loc
Freehub Compatibility (choose variant)
- Shimano Freewheel: 8-/9-/10-/11-speed Shimano/SRAM (Road)
- Rim: Carbon
- Hub: Aluminum
- Spokes: Stainless steel
- Nipples: Aluminium
- 1621g (manufacturer information)
Scope of delivery
- 1 x Zipp 404 Firecrest® Carbon Clincher Wheelset
- 2 x Zipp Quick Release
- 2 x Zipp Tubeless Rim Tape
- 2 x Zipp Tubeless Valve
- 2 pair Zipp Brake Pads
TechnologiesFirecrest®With the proprietary Firecrest rim shape in our 202, 303, 404 and 808 Firecrest wheels, Zipp wheels make a bigger difference in more ways than ever. Not only is Firecrest more aerodynamic than any other rim design, it improves handling in crosswinds and overall ride quality.
ABLC™ (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control)Advanced Boundary Layer Control (ABLC) refers to the patented and instantly recognizable dimpled pattern found on all of our carbon rims. ABLC smoothes airflow across the rim's surface and is tailored to every model from the 202 to the Super-9 Disc. The third-generation of ABLC has up to four times more dimples than before.
Showstopper™Showstopper™ is a complimenting pairing of a directional, molded-in, texture with silicon carbide particles suspended in the surface resin.
Zipp Firecrest Revolution
Zipp Firecrest Difference
Zipp Firecrest NumerologyModel year: 2021
This article has not yet been reviewed.