Shimano ST-RS505+BR-RS505 2-speed Disc Brake frontShimano dual control lever road ST-RS505 with caliper BR-RS505 for hydraulic disc brake. Reliable, consistent, well-metered and controllable braking performance even with light carbon rims (bulk packaging).
SHIMANO’s hydraulic disc brakes have three advantages
- Maintain braking performance on long descents through effective heat management
- Have consistent braking performance in all weather conditions
- Customizable braking performance for different riding conditions, terrain, riders’ size and ability
Despite the integration of a mineral oil reservoir in the lever SHIMANO’s engineers were able to develop a compact Di2 dual control lever (ST-R785) to create a comfortable and natural hand position for all day riding comfort. When descending with rim brakes riders use much power and energy to stop for a turn or even a hairpin. Hydraulic disc brakes have more stopping power and allow riders to brake more efficiently with less energy.
Suitable Rotor with Ice-Tech Technology
There are two FREEZA SM-RT99 rotor size options for customizable braking performance. 140mm as a standard and 160mm as an option for people who require more brake power. SHIMANO incorporated aluminum fins in the rotor for enhanced heat control. With an increased surface area for heat dispersion, the rotor achieves an additional 50 degrees reduction in heat. The effect of SHIMANO’s heat management is that the hydraulic disc brakes have no weight restrictions (in normal road usage).
Product features - ST-RS505+BR-RS505 2-speed Disc Brake front
- Use: Road/Cyclocross
- Series: Non-Series
- Model: ST-RS505
- Mount: left
- Typ: Dual-Control
- Material lever: Aluminum
- Gearing front: 2-speed
- Gear Display: no
- Handlebar diameter: 23.8mm/24.2mm
- Brake hose: SM-BH59
- Caliper: BR-RS505
- Brake pads: J02A Resin with Fin
- Brake fluid: Mineral oil
Brake hose length (choose variant)
- Dual Control Lever + Caliper: approx 450g
Scope of delivery
- 1 x Dual Control Lever 2-speed ST-RS505 (left)
- 1 x Disc Brake Caliper BR-RS505
- 1 x Flat Mount Adapter 140/160mm
- 1 x Disc Brake Pads J02A Resin with Fin
- 1 x Brake Hose SM-BH59
- 1 x Gear wire 1800mm
- The brake hose SM-BH59 is with mineraloil filled and pre-mountedon the caliper BR-RS505! (Bulk packaging)
Gear cable and rotor not included!
For suitable Rotor >CLICK HERE<
This article has not yet been reviewed.
more products in this category
Show more products in this category