more products in this category
Show more products in this category
size: 27,5 x 2,25" / 584 x 57 mm
Item no.: 20010521
Schwalbe Ice Spiker Pro Performance 361 Spikes 27,5x2,25" RaceGuard WiredLighter, better grip, faster - the turbo among spike tyres. With 361 spikes it bites into every ice track. The spike body around the tungsten carbide claws is made of aluminium. This saves weight.
Things you should know about spiked tires
- Can you ride with spikes also on normal roads? No problem at all. If, however, snow is rather seldom and the roads are mainly free, the running noises will soon become irritating.
- And you don’t slip away? No. The spikes dig themselves very well into normal asphalt roads. Even fast curves are unproblematic.
- Are spikes forbidden? On bicycle tires spikes are no problem. In some countries, spikes are forbidden only for automotive vehicles, as they damage the roads. However, speed e-bikes are considered as automotive vehicles.
- Is it necessary to run in tires? To ensure the durable hold of the spikes, the tires should be run in approx. 40 km on asphalt roads. Avoid forceful acceleration and braking during this period of time.
- How long is the service life of spikes? All Schwalbe spikes have a core made of extremely wear resistant carbide (tungsten carbide). With these spikes you can ride a few thousand kilometers. The fact that the corners are rounded by grinding and the spikes are pressed deeper into the material is normal.
- Individual spikes got lost. Can they be replaced? Yes, replacement spike kits incl. tools can be ordered from Schwalbe.
- When do tires reach their limits? In deep snow even tires with spikes are no longer a help
- In my region, snow is seldom. How can I make good use of tires with spikes? The best option is to fit the tires on a second bicycle. In the morning you decide which bicycle is suitable for the respective weather. On icy roads it is a great feeling to have full control on tires with spikes, even when the cars drive very slowly.
- Size: ETRTO 57-584 (27.5 x 2.25 Zoll)
- Typ: Wired
- Compound: Winter
- Execution: RaceGuard
- Spikes: 378
- Skin: Lite
- Pressure: 1.80 - 3.70 Bar (26 - 54 psi)
- Maximum load: 110 kg
- EPI: 67
- Profil: HS379
- Tube: 19, 21, 19A, 21A, 21F
- 1100g (manufacturer information)
Scope of delivery
- 1 Schwalbe Ice Spiker Pro Performance 361 Spikes 27.5x2.25" Wire
Markku F.Comment:okDirk S.Comment:Mit diesem Reifen kommt man super durch den Winter. Habe die Reifen im Herbst bei Trockenen Straßen und Vorsichtigem Bremsen 70 Kilometer eingefahren und bis heute nicht einen Spike verloren. Dabei muss ich sagen das ich meine Laufräder je nach Witterungsverhältnissen wechsel , morgens einen Blick auf die Wetter App passenden Laufradsatz eingespannt und Los gehts.