more products in this category
Show more products in this category
Rotor Road Q-Rings 1x Direct Mount Oval ChainringOCP Mount’s patent-pending, proprietary technology allows the oval ring to be adjusted in 1-degree increments for optimized pedaling biomechanics.12.5% ovality heightens the performance advantages of oval chainrings; no other oval chainring in the growing oval chainring category offers the adjustment options plus unique ovality all aimed at improving pedaling performance.
Product features - Road Q-Rings 1x Direct Mount Oval Chainring
- Use: Cyclocross, Road, Triathlon
- Crank Compatibility: 2INpower DM Road, 2INpower DM Road, ALDHU, VEGAST
- Ovality: 12,5%
- Mounting: Direct Mount
- Compatibility: 1-speed
Size (choose variant)
- 38 T
- 40 T
- 42 T
- 44 T
- 46 T
- 48 T
- 50 T
- 52 T
- 54 T
- CNC machined 7075 Aluminium
- 92g for 40t (manufacturer information)
Scope of delivery
- 1 x Road Q-Rings 1x Direct Mount Oval Chainring
Q-RING ADVANTAGESMany professional riders have successfully used oval chainrings for years and know about Q-Rings’ advantages. Here you will find information about ergonomics, the science behind oval chainrings, and you will learn about some of the pros’ experiences from a road, triathlon or MTB perspective.
- Q-Rings improve your performance, minimize fatigue and reduce stress on the knees
- Q-Rings virtually decrease the gear ratio in the dead spot and increase the gear ratio in the power phase where the rider exerts the most force
- Q-Rings are available for nearly all standard cranks on the market
- Q-Rings are quick and easy to mount with up to 5 different Optimum Chainring Positions (OCP)
- Q-Rings have already played a part in many Tour de France, Giro d’Italia, Vuelta a España, Ironman, Challenge and UCI MTB World Cup victories
- Q-Rings are CNC-machined and produced exclusively in Spain
SOUNDS FAMILIAR, ISN’T THAT LIKE BIOPACE?There are significant differences between Q-Rings and Shimano’s Biopace, which was well-known in the 1980’s/1990’s. ROTOR Q-Rings simulate a higher gear at the point of maximum force, i.e. the most productive part of the pedal stroke, and therefore leverage the power phase (Fig.1). In the pedal rotation’s dead spot (Fig.2), where we exert the least force, a simulated smaller gear enables us to more easily overcome this dead spot. With Biopace, it was exactly the opposite. In addition, Q-Rings feature up to 5 Optimum Chainring Positions (OCP) that can be oriented around a cyclist’s distinct pedaling characteristics.
OCPOptimum Chainring Position (OCP) represents the different setup positions that ROTOR Q-Rings offer to fit a rider’s distinct pedaling style. Q-Rings feature up to 5 OCP´s, with OCP 3 as an intermediate starting point, all to optimize your pedaling style. You can determine your OCP if you know your Optimum Chainring Angle (OCA), which can be found by conducting a TORQUE 360 pedal analysis via ROTOR´s 2INpower and INpower User Software.
What can Q-Rings do for you?
Getting started with Q-Rings
This article has not yet been reviewed.