- Please use our noticing service to be informed about the availability.
Northwave Celsius R Arctic GTX - Winter Road Bike ShoesThe new winter road cycling shoe is made with them Pique Gore-Tex® membrane, to keep the feet warm and perfectly insulated during mild winters, thanks also to the additional lining on the tip of the foot for maximum insulation.
Warming winter road bike shoes with GORE-Tex: the Celsius R Arctic GTX® from Northwave
Power transmission is given from the NRG Air Carbon Reinforced sole with a rigidity index of 8.0. The upper has an Overlap ultra-fascing construction, to reduce aerodynamic resistance by evenly binding the foot without any pressure points, helping to transfer every watt of power and eliminating energy dispersion.
The toe is reinforced in anti-abrasion TPU and the closure system has a SLW2 dial, the only one with a step-by-step release that allows a millimetric adjustment of the shoe closure in a quick and intuitive way.
The new Easyfit Climaflex collar combines the extreme flexibility of the Gore-Tex Rattler® membrane with the high thermal insulation of Neoprene, providing incredible mobility, protection and fit. The wrapping and the positioning of the heel are guaranteed by an anatomic seat and a solid thermoformed buttress and the Arctic 4Layer insole built in Eva + Aluminum + Eva + Pile, ensures excellent thermal insulation.
For added safety, the 360° reflective inserts ensure great visibility on the road.
Features - Celsius R Arctic GTX
- Pique Gore-Tex® membrane that keeps the foot warm and perfectly insulated in moderate winter temperatures
- Additional lining in the toe area provides better thermal insulation
- Carbon reinforced NRG Air carbon sole with a stiffness index of 8.0
- Heel made of natural rubber provides extreme grip on any surface
- Overlap construction minimizes wind resistance
- Additional TPU reinforcements provide 360° protection over the entire upper shoe
- SLW2 twist lock system is the only one with a step-by-step release
- Easyfit Climaflex entry level combines the extreme flexibility of the Gore-Tex Rattler® membrane
- The ergonomic heel shape with its anatomical fit thanks to the latest thermoforming technology
- Arctic 4Layer insole made of EVA + aluminium and EVA + pile ensures excellent thermal insulation
- 360° Reflective inserts
Sock Tips for Gore-Tex® Bike Shoes
The sock you put on with your Gore-Tex® footwear is very important. Although highly padded socks can seem like the natural choice to protect your feet from cold, they tend to absorb the sweat produced by the foot, creating an uncomfortable sensation of moisture and wet. This is not related to the shoes, which are completely waterproof. We recommend you to use only reduced thickness socks, made with specific technical yarns which expel the moisture, in order to facilitate the evaporation through the membrane’s breathable pores.
NRG Air Carbon Sole
NRG Air Carbon Reinforced provides increased stiffness thanks to the new blend of nylon reinforced with fiberglass and enriched with carbon. As with the whole road soles collection, it features the AirFlow ventilation system. Vents favour an optimal air flow in and out.
Maximum precision and usability. The side button offers dual functionality: press the button for micrometric release, or lift the button to instantly undo the shoe completely. The ergonomic shape of the ratchet base matches the shape of the foot for added comfort, while the size and minimized weight plus the outer soft-touch covering make it easier and better to grip. It features wires that harness the best technologies used in sailing, and can be easily replaced.UPC: 885248631656UPC: 885248631663UPC: 885248631670UPC: 885248631687UPC: 885248631694UPC: 885248631700UPC: 885248621466UPC: 885248631724UPC: 885248631748UPC: 885248631762UPC: 885248631779UPC: 885248631786UPC: 885248631793Downloads:
Material:Textile / Synthetics / Rubber
Manufacturer: Northwave Sole: NRG Air Carbon Sole standard: Look, SPD-SL Colour: anthra/reflective Purpose: Road Bike Stiffness index: 8.0
Andreas W.Comment:Trägt sich wirklich gut und die GTX Membran erfüllt ihren Zweck. Der Vorderfuß wird weder nach vorn noch zur Seite eingeengt. Gerade die vordere Wärmebrücke hält die Zehen angenehm warm.