Mondraker THUNDRA R 29 – E-Bike HardtailWith the Thundra R of the Spanish manufacturer Mondraker, every outdoor adventure on the e-bike can now last really long - because with the Shimano E-7000 motor and an integrated battery with 630 Wh, an external battery with 360 Wh is included in the scope of delivery. This provides up to 990 Wh battery power for extended MTB tours.
Features - THUNDRA R 29
The high-quality aluminium frame of the electric hardtail combines the outstanding Mondraker design with strong recognizability and a modern geometry. Together with the selected components an optimal ride comfort is achieved. The Shimano E7000 drive system is discreetly integrated and offers balanced and efficient performance. The Boost standard makes the e-bike future-proof and enables stable wheels with wide 29 mm tyres. With the SRAM Eagle 1x12-speed drive, you can easily conquer any mountain. When the going gets tougher, the RockShox fork with 120 mm travel does a good job and brings you safely down every mountain. If it gets too fast downhill, the Shimano disc brake with 203 mm diameter at the front and 180 mm at the rear quickly brings you to a standstill.
ZERO SUSPENSION SYSTEM
Zero is Mondraker’s proprietary most efficient, best performing and super capable suspension system. Zero is a dual link design with the shock floating between the two suspension links and compressed from both ends. This makes the rear suspension extremely sensitive on small bumps and big hit capable.
Zero superior technologies’ main advantages are Zero power loss -a completely stable ride when pedalling-, Zero pedal kickback-minimum chain growth throughout the suspension travel-, Zero brake jack –isolated braking and suspension forces- and what we call Zero bumps, its great ability to soak up any type of bump keeping the rear wheel efficiently planted on the ground.
Mondraker’s Forward Geometry has proven to be the geometry benchmark for high-end performance mountain bikes nowadays and this is one of our proprietary most unique leading technologies to date.
Forward Geometry main advantages are an increased safety and confidence riding steep chutes even at high speeds, more reactive, precise and direct handling, more uphill precision and more stability in technical and rough terrain with better grip and improved control overall. This season we are offering our largest FG models collection.
Based on a geometry with longer reach and longer top tubes, riding position with FG30 mm stem is perfectly balanced for each bike category and application. Extra top tube length increase is compensated with our proprietary FG30 stem on all FG models, on every frame size. Front center length increases thus making the ride more confidence-inspiring, allowing you to ride faster easier and, above all, a more enjoyable riding experience.
Stealth Alloy encompasses all processes in the creation of the frame, from the industrial design to the specific production of each of its tubes with the calculation of the most precise details. Each tube and part is carefully designed to carry out a specific function while striving to achieve the lowest possible weight. Stealth technology is evolving every year with optimised shapes and internal updates to deliver the best riding experience in our aluminium frames.
Please note that pedals are not included!
Shimano STEPS E7000
Shimano STEPS is designed for the die-hard adventurer who wants to take on bigger challenges outside their comfort zone. The SHIMANO STEPS SERIES offers maximum riding fun at the level of intensity you desire. Unleash your potential and discover new worlds.
Features Shimano STEPS E7000Motor
The E7000 drive unit’s design, both inside and out, is modelled after our compact and lightweight e-MTB (E8000). It rides like a normal mountain bike thanks to its small size that allows it to be built on the same frame geometry. Its low profile with durable protective cover is designed to handle the rigors of off-road riding while clearing protruding roots and rocks. It can be counted on for a controlled, smoother riding experience.
- Extremely low weight of 2.8 kg for improved bike handling
- Compact drive unit for natural pedalling feeling with more obstacle clearance
- Fully customizable, nearly silent support that’s smooth and easy to operate
- Narrow Q-Factor for a natural riding feel with power-assist on or off
- Rigidly built for solid power transfer
- Incredibly durable / mud-resistant for all weather conditions
Lightweight, fully integrated drivetrain developed using Shimano’s proven technology. Delivers reliability and confidence, no matter where the road takes you.
- Lightweight drivetrain for increased responsiveness
- Low profile for offroad riding
The ergonomic, adjustable layout of the brand new switch buttons makes it a breeze to remain in control at all times. Superb fingertip shifting of support settings and gearing that’s simple and easy to operate.
- Left-hand control set up for switching support settings (Off – Eco – Trail – Boost – Power Walk Assist)
- Right-hand control for switching gears (Di2)
- Boost: Complete support for a max boost and expert climbing – choose between high, medium, or low level of assist
- Trail: Intuitively smooth gradated support through technical terrain. Automatically adjusts its level of support based on pedal pressure. Choose between high, medium, or low level of assist.
- Eco: Solid support for those long expeditions.
- Power Walk Assist: Assists you when you need to get off the bike and walk it – simple to activate
Lightweight, low profile display that’s designed for offroad riding. Includes every function you’ll ever need. Or you can opt to wirelessly connect to your smartphone or third-party device.
- Bluetooth LE / ANT private
- 4 cm (1.39 in) LCD black-white display with handlebar mount
- Display functions include time, assist mode, battery charge level, speed, gear indicator (Di2 only), distance, total mileage, riding time, estimated range, cadence, error messages
- Lightweight for improved bike handling
- Low profile for riding through tight trails
- Wirelessly customize your preferences from smartphone or tablet using E-TUBE app
Ultra-durable, powerful, long-lasting Li-Ion battery designed for all your offroad adventures.
Model year: 2020Model year: 2020
- High-quality lithium-ion battery for confidence to go the distance
- 1,000 charge cycles with no significant power loss
- Quick charging time for those who are always on the go
Frame Thundra Stealth Zero Suspension System FG Colour Black - White - Flame Red Fork RockShox Recon RL 29 Solo Air Boost 120mm Brakes Shimano MT201 203mm / 180mm Brake levers Shimano MT201 Headset Onoff Saturn ACB Bearings integrated tapered 1-1/8”->1-1/2” Stem Onoff Sulfur FG30 0º Handlebar Onoff Sulfur 1.0 780mm Bar grips Onoff Shaper Saddle Mondraker e-MTB custom design Seatpost Onoff Sulfur 0-R 31.6x400mm Crankset Shimano FC-E8000 crankset 34t 165mm Rear derailleur Sram SX Eagle X-Horizon Type3 1x12s Gear shifters Sram SX Eagle right single click 12s Cassette Sram Eagle XG1210 11-50t 12s Chain Sram SX Eagle 12s Tyres Maxxis Rekon TR Dual Exo 29x2.6 Front hub MDK Disc Pro Boost 15x110mm Rear hub MDK Disc Pro Boost E 12x148mm Spokes CN stainless Rims MDK-HP1 TL30ASY 30mm Display Shimano Steps E7000 Battery TP-SMN05 630Wh integrated battery + TP-SMN03 360Wh range ext. portable battery Engine Shimano E7000 drive unit Pedals not included Total weight 21.4 kg
Mark F.Comment:Meine eierlegende Wollmichsau. Perfektes Rad für mich, endlich unabhängig von leeren Akkus dank Range-Extender. Top Finish, hebt sich in meinen Augen deutlich von 08/15 Marken ab, exzellentes Preis-Leistungsverhältnis.
more products in this category
Show more products in this category