more products in this category
Show more products in this category
Item no.: 20078402
Garmin Running Dynamics PodThe Garmin Running Dynamics Pod easily clips onto your waistband to measure the running dynamics you need to beat yesterday. It gives you the option to run without a heart rate monitor chest strap. Once paired with your compatible smartwatch, just clip it to the back and center of your waistband and start your run.
Review Your Form: the Running Dynamics Pod from GarminView and analyze important running metrics such as your cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio. These biomechanical measurements can help you understand your running form so you can perform better on race day.
Features - Running Dynamics Pod
- Computes and sends 6 running dynamics metrics to your compatible device (Compatible with Forerunner® 935/735XT and fēnix® 5/Chronos)
- Battery life: replaceable battery lasts up to 1 year (assuming 1 hour daily use)
- Automatically turns itself on and off
- Tiny size: at less than 14g, you’ll forget it’s there
- Compatible devices connect with the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app to automatically sync your data and connect with others
- Unit dimensions (LxWxD): 37.6 mm x 23.2 mm x 19.2 mm
- Batterie life: 1 year (assuming 1 hr/day of use)
- Battery type: CR1632 (user-replaceable)
- Water Rating: 1 ATM
- ANT+® connectivity: yes
- 12 g (Manufacturer information)
Scope of delivery
- Running Dynamics Pod
How It WorksThe Running Dynamics Pod has an accelerometer in the module that measures torso movement to calculate these 6 running metrics:
- Cadence is the number of steps per minute. It displays the total steps (right and left combined).
- Ground contact time balance displays the left/right balance of your ground contact time while running. It displays a percentage. For example, 53.2 with an arrow pointing left or right.
- Stride length is the length of your stride from 1 footfall to the next. It is measured in meters.
- Vertical oscillation is your bounce while running. It displays the vertical motion of your torso, measured in centimeters for each step
- Vertical ratio is the ratio of vertical oscillation to stride length. It displays a percentage. A lower number typically indicates better running form.
- Ground contact time is the amount of time in each step that you spend on the ground while running. It is measured in milliseconds.
Introducing the Running Dynamics Pod
Garmin Running Dynamics Pod TutorialUPC: 753759175528
This article has not yet been reviewed.