more products in this category
Show more products in this category
Item no.: YY00001393
Continental Competition Tubular Tyre 28"x22mmThe Competition is crafted with needle and thread.He is the most reliable tires in the professional peloton. It has proven itself on the world race circuit and prominent cyclists often accompanied to victory. We are proud of our Competition. For this reason, we ensure that it remains on the road to victory. The Competition was the first tire, equipped with Black Chili Compound and Vectra Breaker.
- The ideal combination of comfort, puncture protection and low rolling resistance
- Perfect all-rounder with ProTour-proven construction
- Excellent puncture protection thanks to Vectran™ puncture protection insert
- Excellent grip, high mileage and efficient rolling thanks to BlackChili Compound
- ETRTO: 28x22
- Dimension: 28 x 22mm
- Technology: Vectran Breaker
- TPI: 3/180
- BlackChili: Yes
- PSI: 115-170
- 260 g
Scope of delivery
- 1 x Competition Tubeless Tire 28"x22mm
- This unique tread rubber mixture which is only produced in our German factory has revolutionised bicycle tyres.
- BlackChili Compound improves rolling resistance by 26 % and provides 30 % more grip than activated silica compounds.
- Premium tyres with BlackChili Compound also impress with higher mileage and unlike many multi-compounds, provide a constant ride from the first to the last kilometre.
Vectran™Vectran™ is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran™ is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP). Vectran™ is spun from the melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk like Vectran™ has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight: Exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bicycle tyre as a puncture protection insert.
A Vectran™ Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran™ Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance.
Pance M.Comment:Good grip, average mileage, narrow in the rear position.Daniel S.Comment:Einfach super! Die beste von besten!Oliver F.Comment:Die Laufeigenschaften und der Rundlauf sind überragend. Der Pannenschutz war bis heute (toitoitoi) immer ausreichend auch bei Scherben etc sodass ich den Reifen jetzt zum dritten mal gekauft habe. Der Hinterreifen hält bei mir ca. 5.000 Km. Trotzdem werde ich demnächst mal den Schwalbe One testen.