A revolutionary generation of approach footwear. The first link between the comfort and lightness of trail runners with the technical features of an alpine approach shoe.
Salewa Firetail GTX
Extended lacing and multi-fit footbed allow a true customized fit. The only real approach shoes that can be used on the most technical trails to approach the wall. They are light enough to be easily hung on the harness while climbing and allow a comfortable retreat thanks to their fit and the dampening of the EVA midsole with PU Shock Absorber. Comfortable and cool enough for a daily use. GORE-TEX®, the sticky vibram outsole, climbing rubber rand and a special Aramidic protection on the midsole make it state of the art.
- low cuff
- Multi Fit Footbed
- The truth is, our foot is a three-dimensional body, and is defined by length, width and height. Only SALEWA offers a footbed that allows an individual adjustment of the fit.
- 3F System Power
- Unbeatable combination of flexibility, ankle support and precise fit. Improved with a steel wire for additional heel containment. Limiting the freedom of movement of an athlete’s foot is the biggest mistake that can be made. The SALEWA „Y“ combines fit, flexibility and support and allows the athlete to have range of freedom.
- Fire Sole System
- An innovative sole construction combining the lightness and the excellent efficiency of EvA with the cushioning and durability of the PUR heel shock absorber. This combination allows the athlete to perform at his best.
- Climbing Lacing
- Adjustment to the personal needs is provided by the extended technical lacing towards the front of the shoe. Precision and comfort are key for a good performance of the athlete.
- Outsole: Vibram® Approach
- Lining: GORE-TEX® Extended Comfort
- Upper: Microfiber, Armoured Mesh, Aramidic/Rubber 360° Rand
- Weight: 430 g (Size 8 UK)